Data recovery has been a big headache for WhatsApp users, just as it is for WhatsApp plus users. There will always be times when we slip up, like when you accidentally delete that data only to find out you didn’t back it up regularly! This article will address the query for those using WhatsApp Plus 2022 – how do I back up my data in WhatsApp Plus?
Backing up your data on WhatsApp plus is very easy. There are several steps to this process, and I’ll walk you through them in detail.
- Open your WhatsApp plus and tap the three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
- Swipe down and select Settings, then click Chat.
- You need to click on CHAT BACKUP.
- A green BACKUP button will then appear. At this point you need to click again!
- The next thing I recommend is that you download a file explorer via Google Play — ES File Explorer — because you need to access the internal storage via this browser during the backup of your WhatsApp plus data.
- After successfully downloading the ES File Explorer, open the application. Click Internal Storage, which gives the ES file Explorer access to all files stored on the internal storage of the device.
- Next, locate a folder called “WhatsApp plus” in internal storage, select that folder and click “Rename” at the bottom.
- Rename the file to “WhatsApp”. This file now contains all WhatsApp plus data. Simply remove the “plus” suffix from the file.
Once you have completed all these steps, you are ready to download WhatsApp and use it!
How do I know if I’ve done the backup steps correctly? It’s very simple. When you’ve done each step correctly, a new window will automatically appear on your phone’s page to prompt you to restore your backed up data!
You can then continue to follow the instructions to restore your previous backup. Of course, you will need to be patient for a while. Don’t rush, the system will take time to restore the data depending on the size of the backup.